PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Courser International Ltd.
10 Tower Office Park, Suite 202
Woburn, MA 01801
- Transparency. We want you to know what and how information is collected when you interact with us or our Store.
- Choice. We will offer you choices about how your information can be used and shared by us and our trusted business partners.
- Data Integrity. We will take reasonable precautions to protect information we collect about you during your visit to our Store, and as a result of our providing services and communications to you through the use of secure technologies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information during your visit to our Store, and as a result of our providing services and communications to you for marketing, business and legal compliance purposes, including those the purposes described below:
- Account Information. We collect Personal Information when you create an account with us. To create an account, you will need to provide us with your name, email address and a password. Once you create an account, you have the option to add one or more addresses to your account address to expedite the checkout process for purchases you make through the Purecane store. You may also provide us with your telephone number. You can update or delete any of the addresses you add to your account.
- Purchase Information. When you buy one of our products through the Store, we will collect your shipping and billing address in order to fulfill your order. To complete your purchase, you will need to provide either a credit card or use one of our payment partners, such as PayPal or Amazon Pay.
- Communications With Us. We will collect your name and email address when you interact with us in connection with our marketing offers or when you ask to learn more about our brand (for example, when you provide your email address to receive specific Purecane Information). We also collect your information as a result of your interaction with our customer service. We use this information to track and respond to your inquiries or to let you know about our products and services.
- Product Reviews on the Store. You may submit product reviews during your visit to our Store. If you submit a review, we will collect your first name and last initial, email address and any information you choose to submit in your review. Although we will not display your email address, your first name, last initial and review will be publicly available through the Store. Please be mindful that information that you post will be made public. Registration for Contests and Sweepstakes. Occasionally, we may run contests or sweepstakes. We may ask those who enter in the contests or sweepstakes to provide personal information (for example, an email address). If you participate in a contest or sweepstake, your personal information may be used to reach you about the contest or sweepstakes, and for other marketing and business purposes.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily.
- Your Referrals. If you use our “Refer a Friend” program or other referral programs to send promotional messages to one or more of your contacts, we will collect the recipient’s email address and use it solely to send the referral message. We will let the recipient know we sent the referral at your request. The person you referred may contact us at email@example.com. to request that we remove this information from our database. For more information on our Refer a Friend program, click here.
- Browsing Information. We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Store when you visit the Store, including the areas or web pages you viewed on our Store, the Purecane products you viewed or purchased, your IP address, details about your browser or device, and other information about your browsing behavior (collectively, “browsing information”). We use browsing information to improve the design and content of our Store, to suggest content and products that we think may be relevant to you, and to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, what promotions visitors like to see, and to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. We collect browsing information and allow third parties to collect such information through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, local storage, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Technologies”) as further described below.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you.